Covid-19 Precautions and Requirements
We are all well aware of the importance of staying healthy and safe during these uncertain times. By all means, if you are in a high risk category for contracting Covid-19 or are immunocompromised in any way, we encourage you to stay safe and not risk your health by attending. There will be other opportunities when it is safer. However, if you are in good health we have thoughtfully taken every precaution we could to ensure the safety and well being of each and every participant. It is also worth noting that the physical benefits to community and the practices shared during this retreat are numerous and many have been scientifically proven in numerous health studies to increase the stimulation of immune cells and immune system function.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
Although COVID has deterred many gatherings over the past 8 months, we’re excited to offer this intimate retreat, while ensuring that we take the necessary precautions to guarantee that all of our participants and team stay in optimal health.
In keeping with this, and because masks and social distancing would not be realistic for an event such as this, we require that all participants get tested for Covid-19 within five (5) days prior to traveling to Sayulita, Mexico. If we do not receive your negative test verification before you arrive, we will not be able to check you into Haramara. However, the extra step seems a small price to pay for an amazing week with community and experiences, while not having to worry about masks and social distancing.
Some of the safety precautions we have taken include the following:
- All attendees and staff will be tested for Covid-19 prior to arrival.
- We have secured the entire 12 acre, open-air, sun-filled retreat venue of Haramara for our participants exclusive use, including the stunning yoga shalas, dining room, gardens, jungle paths, salt water pool, hot tub, wellness spa and private beach.
- Guests will be met outside customs at the Puerto Vallarta airport on December 4th or 5th and brought directly to Haramara in our own fully sanitized shuttle van with our own dedicated drivers for the week, who will have also been tested prior.
- Temperatures will be taken as guests and staff arrive.
- The Haramara staff has been trained in order to respect the rules of healthy distance and hygiene at all times and will also wear protection masks during their work.
- Each participant will be provided with a kit of retreat and yoga props that they will be able to label with their name and kept for the duration of the retreat.
- Each participant will receive a fully sanitized room and the deep cleaning of the bedroom and bathroom will take place daily, by a staff member who will wear a mask and gloves, remembering that the rooms and the bathroom are open spaces with a constant circulation and renewal of air.
- The suitcases will be disinfected before they are taken to rooms.
- At the end of the retreat each participant will be dropped off at the Puerto Vallarta airport from Haramara in the same fully sanitized shuttle van and by our own dedicated drivers. The shuttle van and driver will be available December 12th and 13th and rooms may be available via contacting and booking through Haramara directly if you wish to stay the night of the 12th.
Lastly, we ask our attendees to honor each other by reducing their exposure as much as possible the two weeks before coming on the retreat.
With our mindfulness on staying healthy and in balance before we come together, it will allow us to go more powerfully into the work and enjoyment of this very special retreat. Thank you for helping us make sure we all return home healthy, thriving and in flow.
– Michael and the True Awakening Team
Covid-19 Home Tests
If you have trouble finding Covid-19 Testing in your area, or through your physician, you may want to consider ordering a home test kit. The kits are sent to your home, so all you have to do is take the test and mail it back 4-5 days before the event .